Although baldness is not a life-threatening problem, it is one that concerns many men and women alike. There are underlying issues which could lead to baldness in some cases but it is often genetics that are to blame. That has led many people to wonder if there would ever be a baldness treatment developed which would really help to overcome this difficulty and allow you to grow new hair again. Recent studies have shown, there is a certain protein that may help in this regard. What is that protein and how may it help you to regain your lost hair?
The type of protein that we are discussing is Fgf9. This is a type of protein that is produced by your immune system and is necessary for the healing process. During tests that were being done of the effectiveness of this protein in healing laboratory mice, it was discovered that it also was helping them to grow hair. It does so, apparently, by causing the hair follicles to grow when they have already stopped growing due to genetic issues or underlying health problems.
When you consider the fact that hundreds of millions of men and almost 20 million women suffer from a problem with balding, this is truly exciting news. If this protein holds the key to hair growth and a hair fall treatment, it can really help solve one of the problems that has frustrated humans for centuries. Rather than a pie-in-the-sky dream, it may be able to provide the permanent hair loss reversal that we desire.
Of course, as is the case with any scientific research, it is going to take some time before we are able to find this product available on the market. There are various studies that are being done at this time which may be able to speed things along, although it could be years in the future. At this time, the research that is being done is on laboratory mice and no humans are yet involved in the research process of this baldness treatment.
Just because the scientific research is still taking place does not mean that you need to wait to try for a cure to hair loss which may be effective. As a matter of fact, there are a variety of dietary supplements and vitamins which may be able to help to make a difference in your hair growth. Some of the choices that may be available include almond oil and castor oil. These hold promise, because they can help nourish the area where you are experiencing hair fall and may have an anti-inflammatory effect which will help to stimulate the hair follicles. Even quitting drinking can help you to decrease the possibility of baldness.
As with any type of natural treatment, it is likely that you will need to continue to work with almond or castor oil to see the benefits that you desire. Many people, however, have claimed that it is able to help with hair loss. Until a scientific solution is available, as is the case with the Fgf9 protein, using these oils may help you to grow hair once again.
Are you trying to decide if you should stop that habit of drinking alcohol? You may have already tried few times to cut down and drink responsibly like other people. There are many different factors which contribute to your increased alcohol consumption such as stress, depression, anxiety, perhaps social pressure or may be relationship problems. Therefore it is important for you to address the issue as early as possible. If you want to quit drinking then there are many resources available starting from rehabilitation centres, support groups, pharmacological treatment and professional counselling.
Some of the steps on how to cease drinking are:
- Seek help from drug treatment and rehab centers. If you decide to visit a drug rehab center then you will be put on an alcohol and drug treatment program that will involve counselling and close supervision. People trying to stop drinking and are involved in both professional treatment program and Alcoholics Anonymous show much better results than only undergo one of the treatment.
- Cold turkey method or withdrawal from drinking of alcohol. Withdrawal from dependency on alcohol can bring a variety of symptoms which can range from mild shakes to moderate withdrawal symptoms that are life threatening. These symptoms include agitation, disturbed sleep, trembling and lack of appetite. People with moderate symptoms may experience brief seizures as well as hallucinations but they do not progress to deririum tremens fully. After thorough examination, the patient is sent home with a four day supply of anxiety medication which is scheduled for follow-up and rehabilitation and is then advised to return if the withdrawal symptoms become severe.
- Medical treatment for alcoholism through drugs. Scientifically a magic pill is yet to be developed to cure alcoholism but there are some drugs that will help reduce cravings and benefit those who are trying to know how to quit drinking and want a treatment for addiction to alcoholism. Some of the medications that are approved for treatment of alcohol abuse include use of Nalmefene which is used in the medical treatment of alcoholism because it is found to reduce craving for some patients. Second is use of Naltrexone which works by blocking in the brain the highness that people experience when they drink alcohol. Lastly is Disulfiram or Antabuse which works by causing a severe reaction that is adverse when someone takes alcohol during medication.
- Prevention of relapse. There are several triggers to relapse for those recovering from alcohol but there are successful preventive measures. Some of the triggers include friends and social atmosphere, weekends and holidays, anger, trying to find oneself, being out of work and also the thoughts of past, present conditions and the future. In order to avoid a relapse you have to declare in your mind that you have had enough and avoid all the triggers above and focus on other activities such as health eating and exercises.
- Find support groups and join. You can join a Christian support group meeting that will help you go through the recovery process. Such programs include secular rehab programs and many other support groups and programs available for those having a drinking problem.
- Weaning. This involves transition from the habits of drinking and joining a program that will help an alcoholic recover and nourish. This transition depends on the decision of the person affected and he/she have to be fully dedicated to undergo rehabilitation and transition.
In this process of quitting drinking, all you have to think about is how much alcohol hurts your personal life and dedicate yourself to follow the above steps on how to stop drinking and you will be amazed by the results of a successful drinking problem recovery. You also need to know what quitting drinking also decreases the possibility of baldness.